Larry Jaques

Default Treated lumber for bird house

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:12:18 GMT, Carl Nisarel
calmly ranted:

Bjórrúnar skaltu Larry Jaques rista --

If you want to be really informed,
I suggest that everyone read John Lott's "More Guns, Less
Crime"

You know that John Lott's research is garbage, Larry.

I plonked your garbage over on rec.metalheads, hostl.
Although John did an extremely stupid email stunt, his
research is good and the database from which he carved
his papers is without reproach...except from you and
your closeminded kind. Even if you disagree with his
main finding that more guns = less crime, if you had
actually read the book you would have seen all the rest
of the good points he made. Try that, won't you?

What about Kleck? Even an outspoken anti-gun liberal said
his data couldn't be assailed. I see that you have chosen
not to attack him here.

If people *really* want to be informed about the issue, read
the following links:

http://tinyurl.com/zcs2

Anti-gun opinion piece?

http://tinyurl.com/xlnr

Mother Jones is "informed"?

http://tinyurl.com/zcrr

Another anti-gun opinion piece.

http://tinyurl.com/zcsh

Right. Since I've never heard of ANYONE having a computer
crash or losing a file, I believe her.

http://tinyurl.com/zcsk

If I were Lott, I'd be absolutely inflamed at the way people
were responding (emotionally, while disregarding hard data)
and can't blame him for some of his actions, though I truly
wouldn't want to be in his place now for the consequences.
Nonetheless, I look to his book to show dozens of good points
which are now being confirmed by studies since his. RTFB, Carl.

And with that, your name goes into my Wreck twit filter as well.
I can't foresee anything valid coming from you and will simply
acknowledge the "Thanks" you send after reading the book and
changing your evil ways.

"i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society.
----
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications