David Hall

Default OT -- Please help - illegal working in US

"Wes" wrote in message
SNIP

Actually, I misspoke slightly. In the past it was an Arizona law that
I purchase uninsured and underinsured coverage. That has been
changed; however, it is still a requirement upon the insurance
companies to provide such coverage. In otherwords, I don't have to
buy it, but any auto insurer doing business in the state must offer
it. I buy it, thus I subsidize the uninsured for my own protection.
This is still pretty close to a mandate.

That sounds a lot like saying that buying property insurance is
subsidizing arsonists and theives. I think the reason for buying
uninsured motorists insurance is to protect yourself if someone
damages your property or injures you and are unable to pay their
liability either through insurance or personal assets. It is to
protect you. In Pa. you are required to have a certain amount of
liability insurance on your car in order to get/maintain your license
plate and they seem to enforce this requirement aggressively. However
you still need to get uninsured motorist insurance unless you are
willing to accept some idiot from out-of-state or who is driving
without a valid plate destroyoing your car and you eating the cost. I
would no more go without uninsured motorist insurance than without
homeowners insurance. I don't get it for the other guy's benefit, I
get it for my economic security.

Dave Hall