Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony SL-2700 Betamax

wrote:

"All Sony machines needed a TBC to meet

FCC requirements, but I could feed a $79 VHS tape into our Vital
Industries Squeezezoom and get a picture that was stable enough to
broadcast.
"

I find that extremely hard to believe. I do believe it about the Sonys because of tape drag, but I find it hard to believe they let you broadcast right out of a VHS. You sure there might not have been another TBC downsteam ?

Some Sony pro equipment just incorporated the TBC, did someone turn it off or something ?

Believe whatever you want to. We all know that you think you know
everything about everthing, and you've bragged about being the best in
your field. The TBC were all external to the Sony 1" VTRs & third party
equipment. The Squeeze Zoom was fed directly to the Vital Industries
master video mixer & 3M video router. There was no TBC in that path. I
know this because I was one of the two engineers who maintained that
control room, and the million dollars plus worth of equipment. The
three Sony 1" machines & TBCs were bought from Coors Brewing, and the
RCA TK46A cameras came from the Nautilus Eliptical studio in Ocala, when
it was closed. From the way you post, it would appear that you know
more about Coors, than TV studios.