Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony SL-2700 Betamax

"He was offered the first Presidency of the State of Israel and turned it down. "

I am aware of that. I think he refused it on principle, but really I think he should have taken the job. Did Einstein's principles make him an anti-Semite ?

"You should look up the source of the word Palestine and Palestinian."

I did some time ago but forgot, the Romans ? I know they (Palestinians) didn't name it themselves. Does that negate any and all sovereignty claims ? Apparently in some peolle's eyes it does.

" but it requires blood. If your Mother is Jewish you are Jewish.

Well, more bullshirt. You are a raving antisemite and a total ignoramus. "

If you think an ad honinem attack is going to ruffle me forget it. I have been called worse. I have also been beaten to a pulp by three guys and shot in the face, so the namecalling is laughable. Sticks and stones, Got any ?

However, regardless your demeanor here I will probably have to admit to being somewhat anti-Semmitic. that is strictly based on their adhesion to a religion that is detrimental to their well being, IN MY OPINION. Obviously they do not agree.

"They are exempt from mandatory army service, but there are plenty of them

who have served. "

In the meantime there are Israeli Jews sitting in jail for refusing to serve in the IDF on moral grounds. I do not want to get into atrocities and kill ratio here, but nobody's right if everybody's wrong. It is a ****ing mess in the territories and both sides keep making it worse.

"Well, that's it. I guess you are not a Christian either, because Jesus was

born, raised, and died a Jew, and he went around preaching Judaism. "

That is correct. I do have respect for Christ's ideals and I really believe that if everyone lived by His tenets (capitalisation for respectful purposes only), the world would be a wonderful place, near Utopia. He was one of the greatest prophets who ever lived, but that gives Him no right to forgive those who hurt ME.

I also believe that there is nothing supernatural. In conventional terms that means no heaven or hell. There is probably some sort of afterlife but you are not meeting your ancestors. They are your ancestors because of a corporeal relationship, which is terminated upon death of the body. What little spark of whatever in the mind that developed during corporeal life may well live on, but I think as more of a part of a huge collective. But you are not John Doe. John is what your Parents named you, Doe indicates paternity (or it did when things worked right). When you are dead, all of that is gone.

I also respect that there is wisdom in the Bible. The main one who I think was a nuts is Leviticus. Again, not everyone agrees. But no book holds me laws, even the government's.

"The ones that have better educations do so because their families raised them

that way"

Which is more prevalent among them than those who just sit their kids in front of the TV. I had no video games nor TV in my room until I was a teenager. I had no phone. I had no nothing almost - except books.

Jews are smarter than many in the US on average because they pay attention to life. At least the ones I know or have known. This is not exclusive, a friend of mine is not Jewish but his son is making $130,000 a year before hitting thirty years old. It's a matter of life experience when young and I participated in it among others. When you grow up among studious people, guess what.

I want everyone to understand, my anti-Semitism, if it is even such, only has to do with certain things. The people themselves, Moslem or Judaic, if they do not want to kill the infidels (which would be me) we can get along.

The government of Israel is a different story. I swear they are the only worse government in the world worse than than ours.