Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phoena Phoena is offline

Default Neither tape decks work on Aiwa ZL500

On 04/30/2013 03:18 PM, Talesin wrote:
Cassette decks do not work, just makes clicking noises, will not FF or RW
either. not in pause mode either, and have cleaned tape transport
mechanisms
and heads.
Have come to the conclusion that drive belts may have come off pulley or
need
replacing perhaps? Seems a bit strange that both decks are inoperative?

Can anyone either confirm or make any suggestions/thoughts please before I
start taking it apart?!!!

If new belts are required, any suggestions where I may purchase them
please as
this is the first time I have had this problem other than with a very
old Sony
TC377 Reel to Reel that I repaired myself!

Put it up on Ebay for lots of money like this idjit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soundesign-M...em23 2a1f6f99