Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton?nitrile? silicone?)

On Mon, 27 May 2013 23:45:50 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

Though, welding, wood shop & basic electrical would be more helpful.

I have an old arc welder, and oxyacetylene tanks that I picked up
at a garage sale. It's night now, but I can snap pictures of them
in the daylight for you to see. I haven't used them though, and
I don't even know if they work. Haven't even checked the hydro
dates on the tanks - but the goal was to be able to weld when/if
I ever needed to (my steel water tanks are leaking).

Took wood shop in junior high and high school for far too many
years. Now that I'm older, I realize that it's better to take
a bunch of different classes in high school than the same class
over and over again, because you don't know what you like at that
young age.

Read all the SAMS books ages ago on basic electronics, and even
built a few 68701 Motorola microprocessor boards as a kid. This
was before PCs, of course, when you *had* to build your own
boards. But I forgot most of the assembly language stuff long
ago (load accumulator A, push and pop data off the registers,
etc.). Yuck.