Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton?nitrile? silicone?)

On Mon, 27 May 2013 23:30:50 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

That's why I figured it was a "cut & paste"

Naah. All I know about the Fourier series is that this
Frenchman figured out that every periodic wave was composed
of just sine waves of various frequencies. That's pretty
ingenious to figure out.

And, of transform, whew! It's a beast. I've never needed
it outside of academia; but it's great for an algebraic
reduction of complex differential equations. Luckily,
I only took the first year of college calculus, so we
really didn't deal with it other than theoretically.

It's used in the EE class I'm auditing though, but again,
only at the theoretical level.

Starting in the fall, I'm taking organic chemistry,
which should be a lot of fun!