Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony SL-2700 Betamax

On Mon, 27 May 2013 18:10:36 +0000, Phoena
wrote:

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been already posted on various
websites and usenet groups and **** like that.

Got it. Web sites and Usenet are ****. Good to know that.

Sure, I'm not a genius

True. Not even close to genius.

but everything I said I had learned from legitimate trustworthy news
sources.

Yep. You read it on the internet, therefore it must be true. Of
course, you checked sources and traced reports back to their original
sources. You also must have verified the original data, verified the
calculations, and run various statistical significance tests on the
results. However, that's unlikely because the word "trustworthy"
implies that you accept the news source without question. I find that
unlikely as your rhetoric suggests that you don't trust anyone.

Hint: I tend to read and listen to news sources with which I
disagree. Al Jazerra, Arab News, Huffington Post, New Republic, and
others. I know what supporters of my personal agenda have to offer,
and don't need to read more of the same. What I want to know is what
the opposition is thinking so I can understand their point of view and
prepare a proper defense.

Not Commie News Network or Faux News or MSNBS because you won't
hear the truth on those networks because they are controlled by the same
Zionist cabal that controlls the government and the banks.

Right. We control banking, government, Hollywood, Las Vegas, the
garment biz, the media, the FCC, and whatever else works well.
Somewhere along the line, I seem to have forgotten to get rich. Oh
well. Ever wonder how and why Jews became so powerful? Hint:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

Permit me to offer an additional hint. One of the secrets to long
term survival is to not tread on anyone's toes. Eventually, the shoe
that you stomped on will be shoved down your throat. You seem to have
missed that lesson.

I'm old enough to remember the Beta vs VHS wars of the late 1970's. At
the time, both VHS and Beta machines looked and worked badly because
both camps were furiously rushing to make things work. If first
impressions were the deciding factor, it would have been a coin toss.
Sony had the market to themselves in 1975, but sky high royalties and
anti-competitive measures force the rest of the industry to organize
and adopt a competitive standard. What forced a decision was tape
play time. VHS tapes would play much longer. Time to market was
critical as both camps tried to squeeze more play time out of their
products. As a result of this race, quality and reliability suffered
on both sides. Since Sony was claiming their picture looked better,
their general lack of quality hurt them badly. Betamax prices were
also somewhat higher. Eventually, the public voted with their dollars
and the winner was VHS. The superior technology doesn't always win.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D