Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Accounting for tools lost was Oddball die wanted

Gunner Asch on Tue, 21 May 2013 03:55:33 -0700
On Tue, 21 May 2013 02:13:00 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:
Gunner Asch on Mon, 20 May 2013 13:16:29 -0700
On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:42:02 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley:
Make sure you do double check, since no one needs too many tools...

I'm certain that NObody _wants_ too many tools.
Some folks would be inclined to get rid of too many tools.

That's how I got a few of my expensive tools. I got a call, "Come
get this out of my way today, and it's free!"

My shop is filled with such tools. I purely couldnt afford 25% of all
that I have, if I had to pay cash for them.

I'm having to come up with an inventory of the tool bag for an
insurance claim. "Cost?" Um ... it just showed up one day.

Check MSC and Ebay and quote it retail. They dont ask what you paid
for it..but only what its replacement cost is.

I plan to do something like that. But "where did I get this" was
part and parcel of any task.
As was "Do I have the whatsit for this, and if so, when/where did
I get it?"
Sigh ... them days are gone.
--
pyotr filipivich