Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton?nitrile? silicone?)

On May 26, 12:21*pm, Danny D wrote:
On Sun, 26 May 2013 11:37:13 -0700, Oren wrote:
Upon retirement; he took up DIY home repair, not a bad thing, though.

I never worked on a home before.

In the beginning, I rented. Later on, I didn't have the time, so I paid.
Then I left my life-long profession (good riddance) and bought a run-down
fixer-upper hidden deep in the mountains, so now I've got the three
incredible ingredients for DIY home repair:

I. An old house
II. No money
III. Lots of time!

If you didn't have the first, there'd be nothing to fix; if not the
second, I'd just pay someone else to have all the fun; and the third
is a prerequisite to spending more time learning how to do the job
than doing the job itself.

PS: The fourth thing you need is an nntp newsreader & server and
* * good friends who care about and understand you!

Bummer about spending your life doing something you hated......

"left my life-long profession (good riddance)"