Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton?nitrile? silicone?)

On May 26, 12:16*pm, Danny D wrote:
On Sun, 26 May 2013 11:04:52 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:
I fully understand fourier transforms (classical & FFT's).
Can I easily / simply explain them? *to you?

I understand them, and can explain them (to the level that
I need to).

To me, it's simply the ability to mathematically break down a
complex periodic wave into its component sine waves of various
frequencies.

For example, if I take a square wave, I can break it down
into component sine waves of different frequencies; and vice
versa, if I mix the right frequencies of sine waves together,
I get back my original square wave.

I suppose I could explain them to you in a few dozens of hours?
Would that count?

I think I know Fourier transforms as well as I need to know,
but if you want to correct my simplification above, I'd be
glad to be the recipient of your largess.

that qualifies as understanding?
cut & past from wikipedia?