Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Test fired 2nd AR-15

Anyone seen these slide fire stocks? I saw some on youtube videos, also
Cabelas has them and there is a video. They pretty much make a semi-auto
fire about like full auto and according to BATF per Cabelas, they aren't
illegal. So on one of the videos, a guy fires 29 .223's at a human size
target, gets all rounds in the black. So it fires like a machine gun, it's
legal, and it allows for control.

Bad thing is it doesn't appear to be worth $350 but I searched and see
people are making their own. They take an ordinary adjustable stock and
attach the pistol grip handle to it then a rest to hold your finger on, pull
the gun so the trigger hits your finger hard enough to fire, the recoil
causes the trigger to reset and continued pull on grip and pressure on
trigger makes it fire pretty much like a machine gun. I heard that an
actual machine gun fires faster.

Sounds like an interesting project, modify a stock and attach a pistol grip
and a finger rest.

RogerN