Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus7288 Ignoramus7288 is offline

Default Liability dangers in making a "portable gun target"

On 2013-05-26, BobH wrote:
On 5/26/2013 3:52 PM, Ignoramus7288 wrote:
I have a junk steel plate approximately 1 1/4 inch thick, 40x40 inches
in size.

snip

The question and concern is, what sort of liability can I potentially
be exposed to if something goes wrong. Say, a bullet ricochets and
kills a kitten a mile away, or whatever. Any comments are welcome.

You might have more liability for the thing falling over on somebody! A

With a proper frame, it should not be a problem.

40"x40" piece of 1 1/4 steel sounds like a really stout piece of metal!

All of the pistol targets I have seen are 3/8 to 1/2" steel.

Right, and I think that it will appeal to a local buyer, who would
pick it up with his own truck.