Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Test fired 2nd AR-15

On Thu, 23 May 2013 20:14:59 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

On 5/23/2013 1:16 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Aren't those a BIG bag of worms?

A pistol? Nope, no bag of worms at all as long as you don't put a
shoulder stock on them. If you're building your own custom short pistol
buffer that makes it pretty clear a standard shoulder stock isn't going
on it. No vertical grips on the front either, so ideally use a style of
handguard that doesn't lend itself to that, like a basic round one vs. a
quad rail.

Not a bag of worms but certainly a flame thrower.

Careful not to cross the alphabet boys here. You can't convert a rifle
into a pistol. You have to start with areceiver that was never on a
rifle. Don't know if the rule is activiely enforced, but it is there.

FWIW, I think the AK makes a better pistol, no large buffer tube
sticking back. real cheap build too.

Karl

They WOULD be fairly easy to build dies and stamp out the parts for.
How many k should I make per run?

Do your AK pistols come with a lug to attach a BBQ brush?

No, but his brushes come with receivers for AK "handles", Pete.
His US company has always outgunned the Chiwanese brushmakers.

--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.