Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Test fired 2nd AR-15

"Pete C." wrote in message
.com...

snip
The 4 raw forgings I ordered in early February finally came in today. I
figure I'll try to machine them with my CNC mill to the 80% point so I
can
sell if I want or finish the trigger pocket in the CNC when I decide to.
wanting to build a 30 cal for the 300blk cartridge, that will probably be
my
3rd upper but I hear ammo is hard to get for the 300blk. Maybe I can get
some dies to neck out 223 to 300blk and load my own.

RogerN

Now build yourself an AR pistol, and build your own short pistol buffer
assembly on the lathe

That would be neat if it's legal in Illinois.

I just got a UPS shipping notice today, the first AR parts kit I ordered,
from early February, will be shipping out, should have my 3rd parts kit,
less stripped lower, either tomorrow or Monday. Tuesday I'm supposed to
pick up my 3rd lower. So there's 3 people that live in my house, 3 AR-15's
and enough magazines to have 100 rounds each! I think I need more
magazines!

Next, a 300 AAC blackout upper, ammo is difficult to find but I see you can
chop 223 cases to 1.375", run through a sizing die, trim to final length of
1.368" and you're ready to reload!

Then a pistol if it's all legal here.

RogerN