Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default How many bags of mortar per blocks

wrote:

I already checked into a poured foundation. The cost is 5 to 6 times
as much as block. I've built with block, not an entire basement, but
I've done the work. It's just one of those things where I'll build a
little every day. There is no huge rush. As far as hauling them, I
have access to a large heavy duty trailer that should handle about 350
blocks, considering the weight of about 40lbs per block. That's three
trips (one with the mortar). I go there every few weeks anyhow, so
the cost of gas wont be all that much more.

If you will require multiple trips, then it doesn't matter how many bags of
mortar you'll need for 800 blocks.

Go get your first load of blocks, plus about how many bags of cement you
wild-ass-guess will be required to set the load of blocks.

Get to work.

At some point, you'll run out of blocks or mortar (or both). When that
happens, you'll have an exact equivalence of mortar to blocks and can plan
your purchases and hauling accordingly.