Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oddball die wanted

On Tue, 21 May 2013 22:07:06 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 21 May 2013 21:06:00 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 21 May 2013 13:26:33 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 21 May 2013 11:11:48 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:45:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2013 03:11:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Thanks! Ill have to double check my file pitches and if I dont have
one...will have to snag one somewhere. Im pretty sure I
dont....but...need to double check

Make sure you do double check, since no one needs too many tools...

Sheesh! I plonked that buttbite years ago. bTMTeg

Good thread wander, BTW.

Too bad Usenet doesn't keep track of how many times someone is kill
filed on a group to determine if they are allowed to access that group.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Wandering-
Metal related banter: Well, I saw the inside of an ER yesterday (and
today.) A pristine (used) Chiwanese pruning saw blade decided to jump
the cut, careen off a hovering branch, and embed itself a foot away,
into the top of my left hand. I lucked out, though. The kitchen
faucet washed out all of the debris but I found that the skin was too
far open to butterfly properly and I bit the bullet and hit the
Immediate Care place. They wanted $192-298 just to walk in, plus
whatever a tetanus shot, irrigation kit, and suture kit cost, plus
$100/stitch, and they wanted it all RIGHT NOW!

The other option was the "make payments" route. It was a 6+ hour
ordeal, but I came out with 5 shiny new stitches, a slightly used
stainless trauma kit, and an unknown cost. (I guess they send Guido
over to negotiate with us non-rich folks. I dunno.)

I curse myself for not taking my chainsaw along or having gloves on.
Either would have precluded the accident. sigh
2 pics: http://tinyurl.com/kclmhy3 after initial cleanup and clotting
http://tinyurl.com/m5zzo27 the next morning, after the ER visit.

You paid to have that fixed???? Blink blink

If I didn't use my hands to make a living, I might have tried to
simply butterfly it, but the gap scared me. I saw tendons and the
synovial cap over my index finger joint as the saw was sliding off the
skin of my hand. It's no big deal on someone else, but it's scary when
you see your own insides. That generally indicates something is very
wrong, KWIM,V?

Been there..done that. My hands look like they have gone through a
grinder. I repair machinery in machine shops remember...sharp edges
and filed with razor sharp chips. The scars run up to my elbow. Its
rare that Im not bleeding somewhere..what with the blood thinners.

Shrug

I've successfully butterflied deep meat wounds, but nothing where the
skin was floating, such as the skin over my hand.

Practice makes perfect!

Must be nice to be rich.

Har! Hell, Gunner, you make more money than I do annually. I's a po
white chile.

Feeding 9 people are you?

No, I'm a bit smarter. g I hope at least some of you/them are
accepting foodstamps from the gov't. If not, go do it. Who do you
think you are, the gov't? Sheesh, taking in all those freeloaders...
REAL family takes on at least some of the load. You might mention it.

Feeding 9 people makes me remember Phoenix in 1972. I had rented a 4
bedroom section of a 12 room 1920s mansion on Adams. 3 families had
been living here, but when I moved in, I got 3 roommates. Anyway, the
lady with the family upstairs in back loved to cook and was receiving
the gov't "cheese" food boxes. The rest of us chipped in veggies and
meat, then she whipped up a lot of real nice home-cooked meals for us
with her butter, cheese, taters, and pastas. It worked out well for
all of us. Nowadays, a food stamp credit card covers a whole lot more
territory, practically anything edible, including really bad junk
food. If nothing else, you'd all eat like kings in your cramped
space.

Oddly enough, I still haven't been contacted by their financial staff.
It'll be a scary moment, but it'll work into a low monthly payment.

Well, until I become rich and famous with the Green Monster...

If I become rich..Idaho sounds like a nice place to live.

If it weren't so damned cold up there, I might agree and bump up and
over one state. But you've been down that frigid road, haven't you,
Ollie, livin' up north?

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets