Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Endless lathe chips (re-adjusted the clutch on a Clausing 6913lathe)

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in
:

I just "pulse" the feed engagement handle every few seconds and produce
nice 10" long "springs". The "springs" are easy to handle and

sometimes
stack up nicely in a bundle.

Hmmmm... My first reaction to that was that it would create lousy surface
finish... but then I realized these are roughing cuts! blush

Good idea, Tom.

I have a bunch of those foot-long springs of 6011 in the recycle bin.
(only, they broke apart on their own).

Lloyd

I really hate to wrestle that 3' Brillo pad out of the chip tray!