Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oddball die wanted

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:45:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2013 03:11:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Thanks! Ill have to double check my file pitches and if I dont have
one...will have to snag one somewhere. Im pretty sure I
dont....but...need to double check

Make sure you do double check, since no one needs too many tools...

Sheesh! I plonked that buttbite years ago. bTMTeg

Good thread wander, BTW.

Too bad Usenet doesn't keep track of how many times someone is kill
filed on a group to determine if they are allowed to access that group.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Wandering-
Metal related banter: Well, I saw the inside of an ER yesterday (and
today.) A pristine (used) Chiwanese pruning saw blade decided to jump
the cut, careen off a hovering branch, and embed itself a foot away,
into the top of my left hand. I lucked out, though. The kitchen
faucet washed out all of the debris but I found that the skin was too
far open to butterfly properly and I bit the bullet and hit the
Immediate Care place. They wanted $192-298 just to walk in, plus
whatever a tetanus shot, irrigation kit, and suture kit cost, plus
$100/stitch, and they wanted it all RIGHT NOW!

The other option was the "make payments" route. It was a 6+ hour
ordeal, but I came out with 5 shiny new stitches, a slightly used
stainless trauma kit, and an unknown cost. (I guess they send Guido
over to negotiate with us non-rich folks. I dunno.)

I curse myself for not taking my chainsaw along or having gloves on.
Either would have precluded the accident. sigh
2 pics: http://tinyurl.com/kclmhy3 after initial cleanup and clotting
http://tinyurl.com/m5zzo27 the next morning, after the ER visit.

A couple things to consider:

1. Become a plumber.

2: Stay out of those expensive places.

3: Don't take up chain saw juggling, you can't afford it. ;-)

4: It will heal much faster than this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/8777739794/