Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Oddball die wanted

On Tue, 21 May 2013 11:11:48 -0700
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
The other option was the "make payments" route. It was a 6+ hour
ordeal, but I came out with 5 shiny new stitches, a slightly used
stainless trauma kit, and an unknown cost. (I guess they send Guido
over to negotiate with us non-rich folks. I dunno.)

I bashed my index finger with a hammer really bad last fall while
re-roofing. It felt and looked really bad... Lone Ranger project and I
was only a third done or so. Washed, bandaged, back at it. I couldn't
feel the tip of it anymore. Had to hold nails with my second finger,
which slowed me down a little. Damn 1 inch roofing nails making hitting
your fingers real easy...

If you don't mind, I'd be curious to hear what the final bill comes to.
The numbers you posted just boggle my mind. Unless your picture is
hiding something, I don't even consider going in for something like
that. Email me if you don't want to post it here. I just don't go to the
doctor for anything. Dealing with all the stupid paperwork, unknown
cost for everything, whether they will even see you without having
insurance... is more traumatic than whatever my problem is.

Best of luck with your oopsie.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b