Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kristian Ukkonen Kristian Ukkonen is offline

Default slitting spring bronze

On 5/20/2013 20:09, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
We must not heat it. Also cost is an issue, or I'd have it done at a
waterjet and laser house down the road, but they want a couple-hundred
just to set up a job. For only five strips, that's not in budget.

Ask another place. It really shouldn't cost that much.
I would expect to get it WITH special material for that cost..

I'd do it with angle grinder in some setup to move it linearly.
It will cut fast enough not to have much heat-affected zone.
Perhaps could do it by making it into a roll and use a cut-off
holder for angle-grinder.. put it to vise like a bar (with
bar inside) and cut it.

Roll it on a steel bar and use a pipe-cutter to cut it! This
might actually be the way to do it neatly and simply!

Kristian Ukkonen.