Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default slitting spring bronze

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:519aec82$0$9410
:

McMaster lists 3/8" wide 10' length spring temper stainless (301) coils
in 0.008" and 0.012" thicknesses among others for about $40, 2416K43

and
2416K61. Plenty of other sizes as well.

Thanks, Pete.
Even when we searched the McMaster site, that didn't pop up until we
noticed a transient key with "spring temper" in it. So, especially
thanks for the part number. We'd have missed it, otherwise.

Have contacted the client. They only always use bronze in this
application, but when I gave them the mechanical specs on the #301
strips, they did not refuse to accept it out of hand. Should get
approved or denied by tomorrow.

I've ordered it, anyway.

If approved, the problem is solved.

Thanks again.