Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default slitting spring bronze

On Mon, 20 May 2013 19:10:22 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

BQ340 fired this volley in news:519aba11$0$9534
:

Would a spring itself work instead of a flat piece?

No, but again, we studied that. No way to meet the hazard requirements
and also fit it into the available space.

LLoyd

Hey again Lloyd,

I don't know what it is called, but this sounds like the perfect job
for the form of a tape measure blade, where when straight, the "blade"
is concave (or is it convex??) across its width and wants to stay
"straight", and flat when coiled. I haven't seen one for quite some
time, but there used to be short rules say 1" wide of 24 or 36" length
that were "loose" and not inside a tape measure that worked that way.

Brian Lawson.