Wes

Default OT -- Please help - illegal working in US

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:58:22 GMT, "Robert E. Lewis"
wrote:

|"Wes" wrote in message
.. .
[snip]
| When the wage scale becomes high enough, native-born folks will take
| the jobs.
|
|And will the cost of that wage increase then be passed on to the supermarket
|produce aisle?

I certainly hope so. If you want to eat lettuce and tomatos then you
should pay for them, I'm not interested in subsidizing your salad.

| Let's take another example: I'm required to carry uninsured motorist
| insurance. Am I subsidizing the insurance company or the illegals and
| other nitwits running around here without insurance?
|
|Where do you live that you're required to carry uninsured motorist
|insurance? Or do you mean it's a condition of the auto loan, to cover the
|note if somebody uninsured hits you, as opposed to a government regulation?

Actually, I misspoke slightly. In the past it was an Arizona law that
I purchase uninsured and underinsured coverage. That has been
changed; however, it is still a requirement upon the insurance
companies to provide such coverage. In otherwords, I don't have to
buy it, but any auto insurer doing business in the state must offer
it. I buy it, thus I subsidize the uninsured for my own protection.
This is still pretty close to a mandate.

As you have seen by now, other states still mandate it.

Wes