Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default Bowl blanks dipped in wax

On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:53:26 -0400, Ecnerwal
wrote:

For folks that prefer to turn green, it's actually desirable. Since you
prefer otherwise, scrape away.

Cracking while turning happens, sometimes. If you are turning green
blanks in "desert-dry" conditions, it probably happens more - I wouldn't
know that part from experience. Less pain when it's firewood, of course.

I prefer turning green on shallow bowls, but these are mainly vase and
deep bowl blanks.... No fun watching them crack before I can get them
thin and deep enough to warp naturally...