Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default slitting spring bronze

Paul fired this volley in news:knehg8$cl0$1
@dont-email.me:

Is this the same spring bronze that is used as weatherstripping for
wooden doors and windows?

I don't know, but that's an interesting proposition. I wonder if it's
available un-punched, and without a felt embedded in one edge?

Lloyd

I have a couple of older powered slitters for cutting aircraft aluminum
skin. They are variable speed, hand held units. AL skin is pretty tough,
but the little I have cut goes like butter once you get it started. Got
the devices at an auction sale. Only used them a couple of times.

check with your local FBO at a small airport and see if they will test
the bronze in their cutter.

Paul