Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default slitting spring bronze

On Mon, 20 May 2013 19:13:26 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
news
You can't use a flat, tinned copper braid for a ground strap?

I could, but there's no means to support the length of braid as it
uncoils. If it sags onto the fixed equipment, there will be a snag.

The ONLY reason we elected to go with the bronze is because in simple
tests, it would self-support from just one end for a distance of about
6" from the support point.

If we had any means whatsoever to prevent the coil from sagging when it
loosened, I'd be using stainless steel braid with crimped fixturing.

Thin, half inch heat shrink or similar plastic tubing will keep it
from snagging. A small spring can hold up the center. There are plenty
of ways to do it.

I agree

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
RaidŽ to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."