Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oddball die wanted

"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)" wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2013 03:11:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Thanks! Ill have to double check my file pitches and if I dont have
one...will have to snag one somewhere. Im pretty sure I
dont....but...need to double check

Make sure you do double check, since no one needs too many tools...

That can be taken several different ways, depending if you are
referring to Too Many Tools as a personal pronoun or a general
statement on Stuff... (ISWYDT.)

That would be an 'Impersonal pronoun', wouldn't it? Heaven forbid
that anyone try to elevate a worthless troll to that of a 'Person'.

Let's re-phrase that as "Most people don't need multiple duplicates or
mass quantities of unusual tools that only need to be used one at a
time."

What? Five identical soldering irons are overkill? Or just good
planning by having a different tip in each iron? ;-)

Now having spares of special tools that can break on you during use,
can't be substituted around, and have a weeks-long lead time to get a
new one, yes.

Working spares are cheap insurance. Who wants to spend $10 on
gasoline, to find a single drill bit that sells for $10?