Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default slitting spring bronze

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:519a5c14$0
:

Can you roll it up on some sacrificial form (dowel?), secure it (hose
clamps?) and then cut it with a slitting saw in a mill?

Yeah, perhaps. That was one thought that already came to mind, but I
don't have any experience sawing that stuff (it's tougher than a cypress
heart). It's also thin, so I'm not sure we aren't going to end up
snagging and lifting layers, even if we cut in climb.

But that's one idea certainly on the table (so to speak).

Maybe the same idea coupled with the abrasive wheel in the prior
suggestion???

Lloyd

Perhaps a nice ultra thin diamond wheel cut under coolant?