Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Disappointing news; Baltimore Area (Towson) Woodcraft is closing

wrote:

Anyway.... we are on the same page. 99% of the time in any retail
establishment I am happy if the folks just say "go to isle 27, about
halfway down, look about eye level on the right. If they have moved
it, come get me." That's all I need.

Yup. When I worked there I was very happy to help people who didn't really
know much about things, and to make sure they left with the right product,
some knowledge about how to use it/do it, etc. I was equally happy to let
the kind of guy who knew everything and was intent on proving that I didn't,
go about making himself feel good about that, and then leave the store
happy.

Then, in the case of guys like you - I liked being able to pick up something
new myself. Some new twist on how to do a particular something, or the
likes. It was generally pretty easy to engage those people since they can
usually pick up on the fact that you do know something and conversation is
pretty quick to happen. Usually the phrase "huh... I never thought of that"
came out of each of our mouths at some point in a conversation.

--

-Mike-