Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Disappointing news; Baltimore Area (Towson) Woodcraft is closing

On Sun, 19 May 2013 11:31:33 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

They are trying to sell professional tools to hobbyists with the guise
that it will make them professionals. When a professional comes in, he
gets treated like a hobbyist.

Woodcraft vs/ Rockler goes back and forth. We have both stores and they
are both a bit expensive. I agree about the WoodRiver brand. I have yet
to find one of their squares that was square. Heck, same with Rockler...
I bought a set of their Clamp-It assembly squares and guess what? They
aren't friggin square!

I like Woodcraft. Problem is, it is a 35 mile drive and as long as
I'm going that far, another 10 miles takes me to Coastal Tool and
much better prices.