Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Bowl blanks dipped in wax

Mac Davis wrote:
A friend gave me several bowl blanks that she'd bought online... They
are all dipped in wax, as opposed to the ends coated...

I turned on and it was very green and wet... Cracked as I was tuning
it!

I'm considering scraping the wax off of everything but the ends, to
let it dry normally, any reason that I shouldn't??

I'm thinking that completely sealed in wax, they'll never dry, am I
wrong here?

Is she cute?

I would scrape as you mentioned. Are they really dipped or just
painted with end sealer? Dipped, they will never dry. On wood that
is prone to cracking, I often end seal the rough turned bowls and some
still crack.

--
 GW Ross

 Without Time, everything would happen