Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Steepletone Edinburgh retro music centre, post 2010

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Back working again. You'd think for 350 squid that they would have used
the
Tone and Balance controls built into the stereo 4 ch select and vol via
I2C
IC, PT2314E

I don't think I would, actually. For as long as I can remember - going back
over 40 years to when I was an apprentice - Steepletone equipment has been
the most unmitigated piles of crap there has ever been. I don't think I can
ever remember seeing any model where I didn't feel sorry for the poor sap
that had wasted their money buying it ...

It makes modern Chinese crap look 'Rolls Royce' in comparison ... I can't
actually imagine how they have managed to keep going for so long :-\

Arfa