Fred in Waco

Default Butcher Block Countertop around sink

"Eric Ryder" wrote in message ...
"Fred in Waco" wrote in message
om...
I am thinking about putting in Butcher Block countertops in my small
kitchen. This would include the area around the sink. I am against
sealing the countertop with a poly blend (Durakryl, Good Stuff,
etc...).

My question is: What do I do around the sink. I am willing to seal a
small portion of the counter top (behind the sink and a couple of
inches on each side). Is this even a viable option? Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

At a customers request, I did a Corian type inlay for their rimming SS sink
on their maple top last week.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.
About this Corian type inlay.... do you have any examples of this.
I'm obviously new to the countertop world so I'm having difficulty
picturing this.