Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

On Fri, 17 May 2013 20:50:13 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

1. The cans are no longer childproof.

No longer "old weak hand-proof" either. But that does look like an
unnecessary mod.

2. I cannot help wondering how well the rubber part of the tire valves
he used will stand up to gasoline.

Good point there. I have no idea. You can get this or equivalent,
drill a hole, and use a gasoline-proof epoxy to cement it in.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...oductId=748910
Really though, if I wanted a vent I'd just drill a hole and put a
screw in it.

3. He complains about having to turn the can vertical to get the last
drop of gas out, but ISTR that the th4e same was true for the old "Jerry
cans."

Yep.

BTW, I don't know whether the video a home garage or a commercial
workshop, but I wonder what his insurance company thinks about the
amount of gas he is storing there.

Perce

Survivalists seem to be "self-insured."