Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

wrote in message

MOst of the problem lies with the spouts. The first ones needed 3
hands to operate. I havn't tried one of the new ones yet. I have
head of a brand "No Spill" that supposedly works reasonably well.

I had a 1gal can that isn't too bad but I lost the plastic "hose" in
the move last year. I just bought a replacement can from HD. It
looks like I'll be spilling half the gas filling my weed whacker.
There is no way to completely plug the thing, either. The "valve" is
a butterfly in the neck that doesn't close completely and the end
cover doesn't double as a tank seal. Like everything Congress does,
it screwed this one up *badly*. Dumb, really dumb.

It appears that people are not using a combination of big and small tanks
for the job
Big (5 gal) for storage
Med (2-3 gal) for emergency resupply of cars\
Filled at gas station
Small (1 gal) for gas-oil premix.
Filled at home with a funnel from the big ones.
I also have a few metal premix bottles that I refill

Hardly have any spillage