Jim Wilson

Default White and Blue: Japanese Steel

JD wrote...
Kami means paper (also hair, god ...) Each is a different kanji (or
character)
When a word that begins with a ka is incorporated into another word the ka
is frequently changed to a ga.
I may be wrong, but it doesn't appear that there is any play on words going
on here.

Here is the rest of the vocabulary that you have used.
Atsui means thick
Hana likely means nose in this case, but could mean flower.
Gin is Silver.
Ao is blue
Shiro is white

-Jack

Thanks, Jack. The play on words I was guessing at was calling the steel
"High Class," and identifying it by it's wrapper color. Gami Hagane,
Shirogami Hagane, etc. But I don't know how it would look in Japanese.

Thanks again,

Jim