Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default The shape of things to come ... ?

On Thu, 16 May 2013 01:58:47 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message
John-Del wrote in message
On Monday, May 13, 2013 8:44:38 PM UTC-4, Arfa Daily wrote:

I have combed every square inch of the floor under light strong enough to

burn your eyes out, but nope, it's gone ...

It might be, but it might be something else. My brother always figured
that
tiny objects, when they fly off into space, such as your spring, c-clips,
tiny screws, etc., actually are right there where they landed. However,
while they are in the correct physical plane, they are in the wrong
temporal
plane. In time, they will often reappear right where they were believed
be in the first place.

+++++++++++
while on the meta-physical
I want to know why is it , when you actually catch sight of the thing
flying
off , its never anywhere near where that projected-on trajectory would
make
it land

I think that it is actually worse than that. I have watched items actually
touch down, but when you reach for the place that you absolutely know that
they landed, they are nowhere to be found. The likelihood of ever finding
them is directly proportional to the obscurity of the part, multiplied by
its availability as a spare ...

Arfa

The reason you can't find the part is because of the uncertainty
principle. You cannot know an item's position and velocity at the same
time. So even though you saw it touch down it kept moving. And the
closer you saw to where it actually touched down the faster it moved
away. So if you knew EXACTLY where it touched down it moved away at
the speed of light.
Eric