Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default What's your most stupid DIY cockup?

On 14/05/2013 20:34, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
Mine has to be taking the waste pipe off the sink and cleaning it under
running water in the same sink without a plug in. Every single time.

First ever car Mk3 Cortina and around 6 years old when bought.

I thought it was a good idea to fit an after market oil pressure gauge.
After fitting, the gauge took about 30 seconds to register so I
concluded that I had a problem with oil pressure.

Removed the gauge adapter and asked a friend to start the car while I
checked under the bonnet. As the car started the contents of the sump
shot out of the hole in the adapter, missed my ear by a few inches, hit
the underside bonnet and descended again covering everything within a 3
foot radius.