Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default The shape of things to come ... ?

On 05/16/2013 5:47 AM, ScottWW wrote:

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

So the week got off to a great start. I've got a Dual CS505-3 phono deck on
tension. And of course, it detaches and flies ...

I have combed every square inch of the floor under light strong enough to
burn your eyes out, but nope, it's gone ...

Don'cha just HATE it when **** like this happens :-\

Arfa

-------------------------

My brother was a lapidarist. Whenever a gem flew off the dopstick while
being worked on the wheel, he would find a similar sized and weighted
stone and recreate the trajectory while watching carefully and he always
would seem to find them both within a meter or two.

Must have read Tom Sawyer...

"But it occurred to him that he might as well have the marble he had
just thrown away, and therefore he went and made a patient search for
it. But he could not find it. Now he went back to his treasure-house and
carefully placed himself just as he had been standing when he tossed the
marble away; then he took another marble from his pocket and tossed it
in the same way, saying:

"Brother, go find your brother!"

He watched where it stopped, and went there and looked. But it must
have fallen short or gone too far; so he tried twice more. The last
repetition was successful. The two marbles lay within a foot of each
other. "

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com