Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Dirty" water supply

On 2013-05-16, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:56:45 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

But there is an open path from the drum up into the drawer area. A
properly thought through and designed machine would make sure that
the drawer area got reasonably hot, 70 C plus. But a) I doubt that
much thought goes into that area of a machines design and b) the
elvensafty safety lot wouldn't allow it incase some one opened the
drawer and got a scald from it or the hot steam...

They'd also get support calls like "there's steam seeping out of the
drawer, what's wrong?!"

Not sure which machine, but I've actually seen a reassurance about that
in one WM manual.