Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default "Dirty" water supply

On 2013-05-16, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:56:45 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

But there is an open path from the drum up into the drawer area. A
properly thought through and designed machine would make sure that the
drawer area got reasonably hot, 70 C plus. But a) I doubt that much
thought goes into that area of a machines design and b) the elvensafty
safety lot wouldn't allow it incase some one opened the drawer and got
a scald from it or the hot steam...

They'd also get support calls like "there's steam seeping out of the
drawer, what's wrong?!"

How is it going to get the drawer area up to 70 when most people don't
do any washes above 60?

The destructions for the machine will almost certainly have one saying do
a boil wash every so often.

My manual says to use 90° once a month (I think). I do that anyway,
because there are a few things I wash that hot, but I doubt most
people use that programme much. I would like to have a proper cold
wash, though; clothes that don't need hot water last longer if washed
in cold.