Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default What's your most stupid DIY cockup?

Huge put finger to keyboard:

On 2013-05-15, Lobster wrote:
On 15/05/2013 11:53, polygonum wrote:
On 14/05/2013 20:34, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
Mine has to be taking the waste pipe off the sink and cleaning it
under running water in the same sink without a plug in. Every single
time.

Using a chain lubricant that required heating for my motorcycle chain.

Put it on the cooker at a low setting

Do bikers still do that, or is it one of these things that's confined
to history?

I used to do it regularly in my own motorcycling days about 30 years
ago, in my Mum's kitchen; she nearly had a fit every time, convinced it
was going to end badly one way ot another. Happy to report that it
*never* did!

Nikwax burns nicely. Don't ask me how I know.

After a particularly wet camping holiday, my Mum decided the next time to
Nikwax everything she could get her hands on. Including towels.