JD

Default White and Blue: Japanese Steel

Kami means paper (also hair, god ...) Each is a different kanji (or
character)
When a word that begins with a ka is incorporated into another word the ka
is frequently changed to a ga.
I may be wrong, but it doesn't appear that there is any play on words going
on here.

Here is the rest of the vocabulary that you have used.
Atsui means thick
Hana likely means nose in this case, but could mean flower.
Gin is Silver.
Ao is blue
Shiro is white

-Jack

"Jim Wilson" wrote in message
link.net...

I think there may be a play on words in the names, as "gami" means "high
class," but "xx-gami" usually refers to a type of paper ("xx-" being the
type). For examples, "atsugami" is cardboard or thick paper, "hanagami"
is tissue paper, "gingami" is silver paper, and so on. However, I don't
speak Japanese, and would appreciate input on this from anyone who does.