Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

Danny D wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 10:56:15 -0700, Harry K wrote:

"new" and "old" caps do not interchange, thread size
changed so that option is out.

Shhhh. Here's my *secret* plan.

We know, from the Plastics Group of Willowbrook, Illinois, that *nobody*
bought the spout molds from the now defunct Blitz USA of Miami Oklahoma;
but, at the same time, we are aware that Hopkins Manufacturing Corp. of
Emporia, Kansas paid $14.6 million for everything *but* the gas can molds.

That means, if we're lucky, that the Hopkins Manufacturing *water* jugs
might use the *same cap* as the Blitz USA gasoline cans!

To find out if that's true, I ordered a set of water jug caps from
Hopkins Manufacturing today. Cross your fingers and maybe they'll fit!

The water jugs seem pretty much the same material. I bought it at kmart,
but a lot cheaper than gas or kero. I put kero in mine. I think it's blue.
6 gal.

Greg