Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Dirty" water supply

On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:50:21 +0100, Adam Funk wrote:

Some people have mentioned running a hot wash regularly to keep the
machine clean. I use the 90° cycle once or maybe twice a month, but I
don't see how that can help keep the drawer & slot clean, since it's a
cold-fill-only machine: only the drum & output parts get hot.

But there is an open path from the drum up into the drawer area. A
properly thought through and designed machine would make sure that the
drawer area got reasonably hot, 70 C plus. But a) I doubt that much
thought goes into that area of a machines design and b) the elvensafty
safety lot wouldn't allow it incase some one opened the drawer and got a
scald from it or the hot steam...

--
Cheers
Dave.