Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default "T" into drain line

On May 14, 8:50*am, George Plimpton wrote:
On 5/14/2013 7:43 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I need to install a diswasher drain line into an existing 1 1/2" white
plastic drain line. The line is all glued in place with no give. There
is a place where a foot or so can be cut out but no way to move side
to side.

Surely some part is made to solve this issue. What do I need?

Karl

Is there a garbage disposer? *Usually a dishwasher drains into the
garbage disposer. *Mine does.

Needs a vacuum break if you do it that way, usually modern sinks have
a knockout for that, looks like a small chrome cup upside-down.
Actually, you should use the vacuum break on any sewer connection from
a dishwasher, keeps from getting backflow and contaminating the
potable water supply. Dishwasher should never drain directly into the
sewer. Codes got strict on that decades back.

Also, be aware that there's a pump in the dishwasher that will retain
water. If the house gets below freezing, likely the pump will be in
pieces, just like one in a clothes washer will. Would need the RV
antifreeze treatment. That's if we're talking summer home here.

Stan