Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Dirty" water supply

On Tue, 14 May 2013 23:47:33 +0100, Jane Frith wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013 20:36:38 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013 18:51:31 +0100, Jane Frith wrote:

I have cleaned them out as well as I could -- and removed quite a bit
of black "gunge" which was soluble when rubbed between fingers in
water. It appears to be mould/bacterial growth of some sort. The only
thing flowing through the pipe/machine to that point is mains cold
water.

I have asked the legal question in uk.legal.moderated : if I draw the
problem to the Public Water supply company - do they have a legal
obligation to check the water supply quality and check the "gunge" to
ascertain what it is.

Of course not. It is mould growing inside your machine because of
detergents you are using. Why on earth should the water company be
expected to do anything about it?

Perhaps you would care to read what I said again:
"The only thing flowing through the machine to that point is mains cold
water"
Most will have worked it out that the problem is before there has been
any mixing with detergent or conditioner.
Adam Funk and others understood plain English: why can't you?
I will ignore the rest of the **** you have posted as you obviously have
comprehension problems.

So do you. The problem may well be the warm, moist air rising into that
area from the machine after a wash, exacerbated by the detergent, etc.

Have you seen the mould anywhere else in your water supply? You haven't
answered that.