Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jane Frith Jane Frith is offline

Default "Dirty" water supply

On Tue, 14 May 2013 20:36:38 +0100, Peter Parry wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013 18:51:31 +0100, Jane Frith
wrote:

I have cleaned them out as well as I could -- and removed quite a bit of black
"gunge" which was soluble when rubbed between fingers in water. It appears to
be mould/bacterial growth of some sort. The only thing flowing through the
pipe/machine to that point is mains cold water.

I have asked the legal question in uk.legal.moderated : if I draw the problem
to the Public Water supply company - do they have a legal obligation to check
the water supply quality and check the "gunge" to ascertain what it is.

Of course not. It is mould growing inside your machine because of
detergents you are using. Why on earth should the water company be
expected to do anything about it?

Perhaps you would care to read what I said again:
"The only thing flowing through the machine to that point is mains cold water"
Most will have worked it out that the problem is before there has been any
mixing with detergent or conditioner.
Adam Funk and others understood plain English: why can't you?
I will ignore the rest of the **** you have posted as you obviously have
comprehension problems.