Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default "T" into drain line

Karl Townsend wrote:
I need to install a diswasher drain line into an existing 1 1/2" white
plastic drain line. The line is all glued in place with no give. There
is a place where a foot or so can be cut out but no way to move side
to side.

Surely some part is made to solve this issue. What do I need?

Karl

Well that sounds like ABS so the easy method would be a saddle fitting.
They look like a normal Y or T with 1/2 the fitting sawn away.
You drill a hole into the side of the pipe and then apply cement to the
fitting and glue it over the hole. Many have room for hose clamps to
lock them down tight as well.

--
Steve W.